Monday, October 27, 2008

Courageous.....Is That the way to go?

I just got home from the donut shop and reading the Monday paper. One thing I noticed when reading the obituaries is that a lot of people die after a "courageous battle with cancer." Nobody ever seems to die after a cowardly battle with cancer.I hope I don't ever get cancer again because next time I'd completely wuss out and wreck humanity's unbroken streak of stalwart cancer patients. I'd be like, "Oh crap, is that cancer? Tell it I'm not home." Then I'd hide under the bed until it was gone. But eventually, after a long and spineless battle, I would succumb to cancer, and my friends would write an obituary that read, "The Big Dog died from cancer, the big pussy."On the other hand, maybe there's a reason that all of the obituaries are about courageous cancer patients. Maybe only the courageous cancer patients die. So then the trick to surviving cancer would be to wuss out early on. There should be a special section of the paper devoted to people who wussed out in the face of cancer but didn't die: "Joe Smith found out he had cancer and cried like a little girl for three weeks. His family is happy to report that his cancer is now in remission, but they are also a little embarrassed about what a baby he was about the whole thing."

Tonight @ Old Chicago in Olathe DJ Nick host week #5 action as Brown Chicken Brown Cow the #2 ranked team in the city looks to continue their winning ways! The Quigs will try to hang on to their point total lead at Paddy O'Quigley's in Leawood with DJ Charlie Agrusa.
you can also catch Trivia tonight at Tanner's in Waldo and Side Pockets in NKC!

No comments: